£35,000 – £40,000
Key Care & Support are recruiting on behalf of their client for a Registered Children’s Home Manager to support a 4 bedroom residential Children’s home based in the Oldham location.
Our client’s focus lies in children who present high severity needs with challenging behaviours and complex care requirements.
To ensure that the Home’s policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively. To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints. To liaise with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people. To actively promote the Home’s equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice policies.
Some of the duties and responsibilities are ( full details will be provided after/ during telephone interview )
To meet the needs of children through:
- Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
- Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
- Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care.
- Developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive.
- Taking responsibility for progressing any complaints or child protection concerns.
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Addressing issues in relation to conduct and competence of staff.
- Ensuring adherence to company policy in relation to probationary periods.
- Promoting personal and professional development through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities.
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels that meet the needs of the Home.
What we need for you is:
- NVQ4 Residential Care or equivalent and/or Level 5 Management qualification is essential
- Driving License.
- Childcare legislation and Safeguarding knowledge.
- Understanding needs of complex needs Children
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour;
- 2 years recent experience working with children in a residential care setting
- At least 1 year at senior level in residential care
We can offer you :
- Competitive salary.
- Constant training and development.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays (increasing with service).
If you are interested in this role, have the relevant experience and qualifications, then please send your CV and we will be in touch to discuss the full role in more detail to you.